ARE YOU BUYING A
When buying a used car, do you know where it came from? Are you comfortable with the dealership or person you are purchasing the car through?
Below is a list of resources to help you determine the status of the vehicle you are about to purchase.
CHECK THE VIN (VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)
Have the seller complete a VIN Inspection or VIN Certification before buying a vehicle. Colorado State Patrol offers VIN Inspections.
Check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) before considering to purchase, to see if the vehicle is a stolen vehicle in Colorado.
If you need additional help, please contact the Colorado Automobile Theft Prevention Authority for any questions or concerns regarding the purchase or theft status of your vehicle. You can reach us at (303) 239-4560 or at email@example.com.
- The Attorney General’s Office (AG’s Office)
- Auto Theft Intelligence Coordination Center (ATICC)
- Beat Auto Theft Through Law Enforcement (BATTLE)
- Colorado Auto Theft Investigators (CATI)
- The Alliance
- CATPA-Metropolitan Auto Theft Task Force (C-MATT)
- Vehicle Theft Prevention Inc. (VTPI)